ON Windows XP SP3:
Tried running, crashes.
Patched using UK 1.01.
Game runs, however menu flickers a bit, changes state with mouse movements.
Grahic mode set as photo; D3D Primary Display - 1280x1024 attempts on GL fails texture memory maxed full detail effects high
Registry Hack for Resolution and better Windows7 compatibility:
As always, editing your registry is dangerous and you do so at your own risk!
- Install Homeworld
- I have the "Game of the Year" Edition. I have not installed any additional patches.
- Go into regedit
- Find key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESierra On-LineHomeworld" *
- Change "screenHeight" key to your screen height (800 in my case)
- Change "screenWidth" key to your screen height (1280 in my case)
- Make sure the "base" is in decimal
* Key for Windows 7 (64bit): "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeSierra On-LineHomeworld"
PS. I will update out Troubleshooting information with new findings as they appear.