Homeworld Basic Information
Requirements - Installation - Update 1.05 - Manuals
* Windows 95/98/NT 4.0 (w/ service pack 4.0)
* Pentium II 233 processor
* 32-MB RAM
* 80 MB HD Space (plus 50 MB permanent Swap File)
* 4X CD-ROM
* 4 MB PCI Video Card (16-bit color, Direct X compatible)
* 16-bit DirectX compatible soundcard
* Win-compatible Mouse
* DirectX 6.1
NOTE: We have no reports of issues with Windows XP, any Service Pack
* Pentium II 350+
* 64 MB RAM
* 600 MB HD Space (For Full Installation)
* 4X CD-ROM
* 12 MB+ Accelerated Video Card
* 16-bit DirectX compatible Soundcard
* Win-compatible Mouse with Mousewheel
* Modem for Internet play
* 32-bit Internet Service Provider with 28.8+ kbps Modem or LAN
* Homeworld supports all major 3-D graphic technologies including Direct 3D and Open GL. (OpenGL W9X-Me only.)
You may require Administrator Rights if installing the game in Windows 2000 or Windows XP. You cannot install the game to a network folder. You cannot install the game from a CD/DVD drive connected to Your computer through a network.
The CD is required to play Homeworld. Keep You CD safe and clean. If Your CD is damaged, contact Your reseller for replacement. You may also contact Sierra.
Insert CD in CD/DVD-Player. Setup should start automatically. If not, locate the file "Setup.exe" on CD using Windows Explorer and doubleclick on it.
During Setup You will be asked to type Your CD-key. It should be printed or sticked with a label somewhere on the Game wrapping. If You use someone else's CD-Key, You may be committing a crime.
After the CD installation You are recommended to download available patch for Homeworld. This patch is relevant for all language versions.
We have made the patch available for download at our Patch Download page...
Manual and Gameplay documentation are available at our Documentation and Art Download page...