Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Links: law and design

Last updated on 16 years ago
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 16 years ago
Ahh the mixed Site Links category...yes sure.
B
Babbo
Posted 16 years ago

Please explain the "mixed-link-hw/c/2" and what You mean by that.

See this thread, around May 24. Probably, both of us thought, the other one will do that. Now, I simply suggest, that the first one, who wants to publish such a link, should then implement this "Mixed Homeworld sites" category, ok?

The [NEW] follows a predefined date-function in the code, but it could be written in to the link text of course. Later to be removed.

As long as it doesn' take too much time ...

Your idea about DeepChrome is good, but I suggest we extend it to Jaen-ni-rin and RiesstuIV as well, since they have contributed too.

Of course, that would be a pleasure too!
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 16 years ago
Please explain the "mixed-link-hw/c/2" and what You mean by that.

The [NEW] follows a predefined date-function in the code, but it could be written in to the link text of course. Later to be removed.

Your idea about DeepChrome is good, but I suggest we extend it to Jaen-ni-rin and RiesstuIV as well, since they have contributed too.
B
Babbo
Posted 16 years ago
Home, may I remember that we need some mixed-link-HW/C/2-category and you should post your guidestone site here! (Or?).
B
Babbo
Posted 17 years ago
Please guys - and girls (are there any? ... hopefully ... let's write an official invitation for RB's DeepChrome whose ghost is already implemented in the main page!) - input your links in the Web Links directories: we have 9 links in 8 categories...

Also, I'd like to charge the mixed HW/C/2 category.

Also again, couldn't we have that [NEW] on the link category main page!?

Thanks and have a great day!
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 17 years ago
LOL
B
Babbo
Posted 17 years ago
urrrrrgh, just mistakenly sent a link via the official Submit Link ... ignor that please. Will do it by my admin panel - thanks
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Got it...put it up then, we can always modify if needed.
B
Babbo
Posted 17 years ago
Firstly, great!, secondly regarding "Sites dedicated to all HW-Games": The "all" won't always fit, therefore I suggested "mixed" ... what about another one: "Sites dedicated to more than one HW-Game"?
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 17 years ago
I contacted PHP-Fusions developer and it seems he will put in an option when setting up a web-link, to make it open in new window: Yes or No.

That would solve the linking suggestion You had, Babbo, with a lengthier description of each site, on a custom page.

"Sites dedicated to all HW-Games" category...?
B
Babbo
Posted 17 years ago
Suggest to have a new additional category, which is something like "Mixed Homeworld sites".
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 17 years ago
How do we do with sites dedicated to all 3 games?

List them thrice?

Or maybe we should just have 1 category, and then write in to site info if its dedicated to one game only?

HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Goodie...and I will start adding those from Heclid since I already have those permissions...
B
Babbo
Posted 17 years ago
Fine - because I just realized how to post a link! Did it for an HW1 Fan site, hope you like it. Simultaneously, I set up a standard email which in my case already had been sent do Bitshifter. Please find below the text of that email and feel free - like everybody else in our group - to use it:

Dear _____!

We are a group of people devoted to the Homeworld series, currently in the
progress of setting up a new site. Feel free to check what we have at
http://www.homewo...t/news.php

The reason for writing to you is to let you know that we've published a link
to your HW-site at http://_____, because we like it very much and therefore think that it's definitely worth to announce it to the community.

We do hope that you can give us your kind permission to do so. If not please
inform us asap via reply to my address and we'll remove that link
immediately.

Many thanks for your kind concern and best wishes,

_____ (an admin of hwaccess)

Will go on as I've just started right now.
Edited by Babbo on 21 May 2005 17:01, 17 years ago
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Well, many has been given the rights to post links.
I cant really force anyone...this is Internet...but maybe if we take 10 each from heclid the others might follow our example.
B
Babbo
Posted 17 years ago
Any news from that area?

And, generally, considering our have to say weak link section. I'm sure that everybody in our group could easily provide around 10-20 interesting links ... we should find a strategy to strengthen this section.
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 17 years ago
I noticed a small potential problem.
When adding a link in the Web-links "system" all links are opening NEW window by default. I am not sure we want that?
Edited by Homdax on 2 May 2005 16:22, 17 years ago
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Yes, that will work.

Under web-Links you just put the "intro" page with pic...

I was setting up 2 different systems, when one is enough...lol

Your way rocks...go for it...
B
Babbo
Posted 17 years ago
We're getting closer (found that nice little preview page button in the custom pages section :D)

But, I believe we're speaking about (slightly) different things. If I understood you right your's works as follows.

kick on web links -> make subselection -> get a text link
klick on text link -> get a new page with some pic
klick on pic -> get transported to the site

I'd like to have:

klick on web links -> make subselection -> get a text and some pic
klick on pic -> get transported to the site

(Of course thanks for providing babbo-files!)
HomdaxHomdax
Super Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Like this

Link to Link Listing

http://www.homeworldaccess.net/viewpa...page_id=10

Linkt to actual INTRODUCTION PAGE:
http://www.homeworldaccess.net/viewpa...page_id=11

Open those by clicking Your "ADMIN PANEL" > Custom Pages and check the code...I have nemed them BABBOO for know, but You can rename the to some decent and go on working on them.
PS. The site pic is just some ad spam pic I picked up from RB...

Get it?

Ah, these pages will open a new window here, by default, but not when integrated in sita navigation.

Edited by Homdax on 2 May 2005 07:51, 17 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
By using the site you agree to our privacy settings and understand that we use cookies. Some Cookies may already have been set.
Please click the button `I Agree` it to hide this bar. If you continue to use the site with no action taken, we'll assume that you consent to our privacy policy anyway.You can read more about our privacy policy here